Currently…

Currently…

I am trying to get back into my healthy eating habits after a spectacularly bad October and a November that saw me shift back into normal eating patterns. I haven’t been gorging on anything too awful, but I have had one too many plates of nachos and putting cheese on things that probably have no business having cheese on them in the first place  😉

Currently Reading:

Deliciously Ella Every Day by Ella Woodward

img_20161130_172922

I love Deliciously Ella and her blog/recipes something fierce, so this book, which she released earlier this year, made it to my home early this Christmas. Thanks Santa!

Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker

img_20161205_113222

First book of hers that I have read but I am looking forward to diving into it. So, super thankful for the library; I would be lost without it! #librarybooksforthewin

Currently Watching:

Lots of Christmas DVD’s rented from the library. I may have watched “A Charlie Brown Christmas” more times than I care to admit  🙂

img_20161114_161755

Currently Listening To:

Podcasts from The Minimalists. I was about 5 episodes behind, now I am 3 episodes behind so, progress, right? If you haven’t checked out their podcasts, you ought to.

CHRISTMAS MUSIC! All Day Baby!

Currently Working On:

What I want to accomplish next year. I know the holiday season is crazy and who has time to figure out 2017, when we are still dealing with 2016, and I totally get it. That’s why I am in thinking mode and not doing mode. I have thoughts and ideas but it is all just floating around in my head and that’s okay. I am just going to ruminate on these ideas and once I start to see a pattern and some coherency, I can start to put pen to paper and figure out what I would like to see happen.

Currently Waiting For:

Some of my favorite simple living blogs aren’t posting as much as before which I understand; December is a hectic month! So I am patiently waiting for a new post to feast upon  🙂

 

What is currently going on with you guys?

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Currently…

  1. That Ella Woodward cookbook looks amazing!!! And I LOVE the Charlie Brown Christmas. 🙂 We watch it every year and wouldn’t miss it. I can’t wait to watch It’s a Wonderful Life. We own it but only watch it at Christmas time. I hear you on the food thing. I was doing GREAT until Thanksgiving week. Now I’m back on the healthy eating wagon. We made Christmas cookies today and I only ate a few. To be honest, since I’ve been largely off of sugar and flour they didn’t taste all that great. Not sure if I’m happy or sad about that, but I think I’m happy. 🙂 Have a great week, Mackenzie!

    Like

  2. It’s seems like everyone had a rough month with eating well in November. I’m a bit better but it’s tough, especially with Christmas so close and all the holiday treats I’m whipping up. But I’m trying to be mindful and not go overboard. And I’m really thinking about after Christmas and getting back into my routine. I don’t watch as many Christmas shows as I used to but I did catch Elf this weekend. It’s one of my favorite holiday movies! I’ve been contemplating next year too and what I need to accomplish. I like how you’re in contemplation mode, looking for patterns. I need to follow your lead.

    Like

    • Yeah, Elf is hilarious 🙂

      Holiday food and treats are especially hard to say no to or limit during this season so I understand. The 80/20 rule can help, have you heard of it? If you eat right at least 80% of the time, you can eat those things that may be higher calorically the other 20% of the time and not feel guilty afterwards. You can even lower it to 90/10 if you want.

      Like

  3. I love Simple Living podcasts! I feel sad when they aren’t updated as much as well. I’m sure you’ll get back into your eating habits in no time. Oct/Nov are always my worst month, but oddly enough December is always one of my best. After my colonoscopy last week my appetite sort of reset itself, so I’m going with it for now! 🙂

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s